Simply stated, search software enables you to find information,
fast. The benefits of this improved information availability include:
- Access to knowledge created or collected by other members
of the organization -- even if they're not in their original role anymore.
- Access to information buried in systems, legacy data
or archives -- just because you don't use a system any more doesn't
mean you can't use the data within it.
- Sharing information with constituents, customers, staff,
management -- making information available to those who need it, for
- Reduced duplication of effort -- staff can find proposals,
reports and other documentation that has already been completed in the
areas that they're working on.
These all result in three highly beneficial outcomes:
1. Greater productivity
2. Better quality decisions
3. Improved customer service
The magnitude of these outcomes drives the potential ROI
that your search solution can deliver. To get an understanding for the
likely ROI, you need to consider the following:
- How much time will be saved through the use of search
software? In a survey of our customers, over 50% of respondents estimated
that they save more than 5 hours per week by using the software. For
an average worker, that's a 12.5% time saving straight away.
- In the case of sales and business development staff, time saved is
time spent generating more revenue, which should go straight to the
top, and bottom, lines.
- In the case of support staff, time savings in themselves don't necessarily
contribute to ROI; you need to think about whether you can redeploy
resources elsewhere in order to reduce cost.
- An element of ROI often missed when considering search
software is the improved quality of decision-making. When people have
the all the information they need, and it's up to date, naturally they'll
be better equipped to make the right decisions.
- Imagine what would happen if people in your organization improved
their decision-making by 10%. How much revenue would this translate
into? How much profit? Decision-making has a real impact on business
success, and this contributes to the ROI of search software.
- Obviously, better customer service encourages customers
to continue their relationship with your organization, creating future
opportunities for sales and profit.
Back to Top